Do you use kratom for its effects but hate how it tastes? If the answer is yes, you are in the right place. In this article, you will learn how to make kratom mochaccino. This easy recipe will allow you to enjoy the benefits of Mitragyna speciosa, but with a mochaccino that will mask the not-so-nice kratom bitter (and earthy) taste. And if you would like to discover more ideas for cooking with kratom, do not forget to take a look at our kratom recipes.
Kratom Mochaccino Recipe
Mochaccino is a variant of the traditional cappuccino, but with a touch of chocolate. This combination of chocolate and coffee will give your kratom mochaccino an extra boost of energy.
While it is a drink that you can enjoy all year long, it is ideal for autumn or winter. Though you can add some ice cubes and enjoy it cold during the summer. And making your own kratom mochaccino at home is very easy and will not take you much longer than your regular morning coffee.
- 1 cup of brewed coffee (you can use decaffeinated coffee)
- ½ cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Brew your coffee as usual. Ideally, the best option for this recipe is to make an espresso. If you do not have an espresso coffee maker, you can find some ideas to make an espresso without the espresso machine here. Or you can just brew your coffee like you always do. You can use decaffeinated coffee if you intend to use an energizing kratom strain or if coffee gives you the jitters.
- Add the milk to a saucepan and add the cocoa powder, the sugar, and the kratom (one dosage). The amount of sugar will depend on how sweet you want your kratom mochaccino.
- Simmer and whisk all the ingredients until they blend completely.
- Pour the mixture in a mug with a coffee and stir.
- Top with whipped cream (optional).
- Serve warm or add some ice cubes if you prefer it cold.
Because this kratom mochaccino is a very energizing drink, it is not recommendable you drink it at night or before going to bed. Instead, this recipe makes a great breakfast or even a nice treat for the afternoon.
What Kratom Strain Should You Use?
What kratom strain you should use for your kratom mochaccino? It will depend on the effects that you want to achieve. There are three main types of kratom, and each has its own properties:
- White kratom: In general, white kratom comprises the most stimulating varieties. Also, fans of white strains have euphoric and uplifting effects and promote focus and concentration.
- Red kratom: On the other side of the spectrum, we find red kratom. Red strains are the most calming varieties —sometimes even sedating. Moreover, red kratom strains are often more potent for pain relief.
- Green kratom: Green kratom strains are a great combination of stimulation and relaxation. They are great if you are looking to relax, but without a sedative effect. Also, green strains can help you increase your energy levels, but keeping a sense of calm at the same time.
Therefore, when thinking of which strain you should choose for your kratom mochaccino, you should always consider the effect that you are looking for.
How to Establish Your Kratom Dosage
This mochaccino recipe is for one serve. Hence, you should add one single dosage of kratom to your mochaccino. Establishing your kratom dosage may be difficult, especially if you are new to kratom. Hence, we have put together this quick guide to help you:
- Low dosage: A low dosage of kratom ranges between 2-4 grams. Kratom at low dosages will give you an energy boost, improve motivation and focus, and boost your mood. It will also help you relax and reduce stress.
- Moderate dosage: Kratom at moderate dosages (4-5 grams) will help you relax and cope with pain.
- Large dosage: Over 5 grams is a large dosage for many users. At high doses, kratom can have a sedative effect.
When talking about kratom dosages, most users agree that less is more. People using high doses of kratom are more likely to experience kratom side effects. And while kratom side effects are not dangerous, they can be very unpleasant and include:
- Eye wobbles
- Headaches and migraines
Also, the higher the dosage, the quicker the kratom tolerance will build up.
More Ideas for Cooking with Kratom
Many people consume kratom by brewing it in a tea or by using the toss and wash method. Kratom tea can be prepared quickly, but it does not taste good (to say the least). On the other hand, the toss and wash method requires practice to avoid gagging and can be uncomfortable at first.
Other users opt for kratom capsules. While kratom capsules are arguably the most convenient way to consume kratom, they also have disadvantages. On the one hand, kratom capsules are more expensive than kratom powder. And on the other hand, your favorite strains may not be available in capsules. Even though you can make your own capsules, the process is not that easy, and you may end up losing precious kratom powder.
Fortunately, you can use your kratom powder to cook and add it to many recipes. This kratom mochaccino is only one example, but you can add your kratom to smoothies, cakes, applesauce, or many other recipes. You can also enhance the flavor of your kratom tea by adding ginger, peppermint, or rooibos.