Most people take their kratom powder using a conventional ingestion method, such as the toss and wash method, or preparing kratom tea. However, many people find these methods boring or even disgusting. In this blog, we have given you many options to enjoy your kratom dose without having to endure the strong flavor. Following our series of kratom recipes, we will give you a delicious new option: kratom truffles! So, keep reading to find 3 kratom truffles recipes to enjoy this Christmas!
Why Should You Mix Kratom with Foods?
As we said, you can consume your kratom by simply tossing and washing it down (this means, eating the powder directly and help it down with a glass of water), or by preparing kratom tea.
Although these methods of consumption are popular and convenient, kratom’s muddy taste doesn’t make them the best choice for those with a sensitive stomach. If this is your case, we recommend that you mix your kratom powder dose with sweet foods or drinks, to help you mask the taste. Some popular options to mix your kratom with are:
- Fruit juice (be careful and don’t use grapefruit as it can potentiate kratom’s effects and make you sick)
- Apple sauce
- Your favorite yogurt (you can choose any flavor)
Or you can be creative and prepare a recipe of your own!
One thing that you must take into account before preparing any of these kratom truffles recipes or any other kratom recipe is the kratom dosage that you’ll need to use.
You must measure your dosage and add it evenly to the truffles. But you must take into consideration the number of truffles that you will be eating. For instance, if your regular kratom dosage is 3 grams, and you are planning to eat 2 truffles, each truffle should contain 1.5 grams of kratom powder.
So, make sure to measure the kratom powder correctly to avoid taking a higher dose than intended.
Chocolate Kratom Truffles
Ingredients for 20 truffles:
- 250g fondant chocolate
- 1sp butter
- 200ml whipping cream
- Cocoa powder
- Your desired kratom powder dose
- Place the chocolate and butter in a microwave-proof bowl and melt it in the microwave. Make sure not to burn the chocolate!
- Whip the cream in a separate bowl.
- With encircling movements, mix the chocolate and whipped cream together (first, make sure that the chocolate is not too hot).
- Let the mix chill in the fridge for about an hour. The chocolate mix should be firm when you take it out.
- Place the cocoa powder and kratom powder on a plate.
- Use a spoon or a scoop to form balls with the chocolate mixture and roll the balls in the cocoa and kratom powder.
You can keep the truffles in the fridge, so they’ll stay fresh longer!
White Chocolate Kratom Truffles
Ingredients for 15 truffles:
- 150g white chocolate fondant
- 1 regular white chocolate bar
- 100g whipping cream
- Chocolate or colored sprinkles
- Your desired kratom powder dose
- Melt the chocolate and whipping cream on a water bath. To do this, fill a saucepan with water and let it simmer. Place the chopped chocolate and cream in a glass bowl and place it into the water. But make sure that no water gets into the mix, or it will spoil the chocolate.
- Place the mix in the fridge until it’s firm. You don’t want the mix to be too hard or you won’t be able to form the truffles.
- Place the kratom powder on one plate and the sprinkles on another plate.
- Form the balls with the chocolate and cream mix and roll them in the kratom powder first and the sprinkles after.
Keep the truffles in the fridge so you can eat them whenever you want!
Oreo Kratom Truffles
- 1 package oreo cookies (approx. 14oz)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Dark chocolate couverture
- White chocolate couverture
- Your desired kratom dose
- Crush the oreo cookies into fine crumbs. You can use a food processor to make the process easier.
- Whip the cream cheese until you obtain a creamy texture.
- Mix the oreo crumbs and cream cheese in a bowl.
- Place the mix in the fridge and let it chill until the mix is firm.
- Melt the 2 chocolates separately in the microwave or using a water bath.
- Place the kratom powder on a plate
- Form balls with the oreo crumbs and cream cheese mix to make the truffles.
- Roll the balls in the kratom powder.
- Dip the balls in dark chocolate or white chocolate to obtain different flavor truffles. You can even mix the 2 chocolates!
Keep the truffles in the fridge.