Although kratom is relatively new in the US, the kratom industry has developed into a big market with many actors and, of course, lots of products. And this is especially true with the latter. Both old and new websites and shops are introducing new products, and consumers often buy them without knowing how to use them. To make things even more difficult, vendors are not allowed to give advice on how to use their products, due to the FDA regulations on kratom.
As you know, kratom is not a cheap product, especially if you prefer extracts or enhanced kratom. That’s why it’s very important that you understand what you are buying and how to use it, so you don’t waste your money. If you have decided to buy a kratom extract for the first time, you should have some things into consideration, and that is what we will explore in this article. So, keep reading to learn how to get the most out of your kratom extracts.
What Are Kratom Extracts?
Before buying a kratom extract, you should understand what plant extracts are. To prepare an extract, the active compounds of the plant are extracted to get a more concentrated and potent preparation. There are different methods of extraction that can result in different types of extracts, they can be solid, liquid or even of viscous consistency (often known as resin).
Typically, kratom extracts come in the form of extract powder or liquid extract. But before making a purchase decision, you should understand the difference between them. Extract powders and liquid extracts are used very differently. Typically, liquids come in a small bottle that contain 1-3 servings, and they’re not intended to be mixed with kratom powder. Conversely, powder extracts can be used alone or mixed with regular kratom powder. So, you should take this into consideration before you buy.
Another thing that you should know is that enhanced kratom powders are not kratom extracts. While extracts are a concentrated product, enhanced powders have been processed to get a super potent kratom product. To prepare enhanced kratom powders, the alkaloids are extracted from the plant and then added to regular kratom powder to make it stronger, and it’s, in fact, more powerful than kratom extracts.
Why Are Extracts More Expensive?
When purchasing kratom, you may have noticed the price difference between regular kratom powder and kratom extracts. In fact, the price of kratom extracts can double the price of regular powder. As you may have guessed, the preparation process of extracts increases the cost of the product. While regular kratom powder requires a very simple process that consists of drying and crushing the leaves, kratom extracts require a more complicated process that requires more time and resources.
On the other hand, kratom extracts are a more potent product, so you would require less amount of the product to obtain the same effects.
However, since they are more expensive it’s important that you know how to get the most out of your kratom extracts and that you use them the right way.
Should You Buy Kratom Extracts?
So, should you buy a kratom extract or should you go for a different product? The answer to this question is not a simple yes or no, it will depend on what you are looking for. As you know, this is a more potent product, so the first thing to consider is: do you need a stronger kratom variety? If the answer is no, you should stick to regular powder. But if the answer is yes, you may want to give kratom extracts a try.
Another thing to consider is your experience with kratom. If stronger kratom varieties are too much for you or give you unpleasant side effects, you should definitely stay away from extracts. Also, if you are new to kratom or have just recently started with it, you should not use kratom extracts. Since they are a very potent type of kratom, they should only be used by experienced users.
Remember: if you are not good at measuring your kratom dosage, be careful with extracts. They are more difficult to dose.
How to Get the Most Out of Your Kratom Extracts?
So, now to the big question. You have purchased your kratom extracts and don’t know how to use it to get the most out of it. Here are some tips that will help you get started:
- Don’t use your extract alone, instead use it to enhance your regular kratom powder. This way you will need a smaller amount of both your regular powder and your extract to get the same effect.
- Always measure your dose before using it so you don’t overdo it. Finding the right dose isn’t easy, as there is no one size fits all. So, we recommend that you add a pinch of your extract to your regular powder. You can start increasing if the dose is too low for your needs. Keep in mind that it may take a while until you find the right dosage.
- Kratom powder products usually show the concentration amount (10x, 25x, 50x…). This number doesn’t mean that the product is 10, 25 or 50 times more potent. Rather than that, 25x means that the extract is 25 times the original volume condensed. So, you should take this into consideration before using it.
- If you have purchased a liquid extract, use it alone. Don’t mix it with powder, as they are not intended to be used together.
- Kratom liquid extracts are very potent, so don’t drink the whole bottle at once. Instead have a look at the number of servings if the vendor has provided them. Usually, small bottles contain 1-3 servings.
- Only use kratom liquid extracts when you don’t have time to prepare your regular powder. Save it for when you really need it!
Finally, if you want to cut off on your kratom use, extracts may not be the best option.