Kratom, or Mitragyna Speciosa, has many properties and effects, including relaxing, analgesic and stimulating. But this ancient plant has other uses that not many people know about. One of them is that it can help ease RLS or restless legs syndrome. In fact, individuals who suffer from this condition have reported that kratom has helped them relieve this unpleasant condition. So, if you wonder how kratom for RLS work, keep reading below and find out.
What Is RLS?
The restless legs syndrome or Willis-Ekbom disease is a neurological condition. People who suffer from it will experience unpleasant sensations, including, itching, burning, tension, etc in their legs, urging them to move them to try and ease those feelings. Although the condition typically appears on the legs, some people also experience this condition on their feet and arms.
RLS typically happens at night or after being seated for a long time. For this reason, it can provoke other problems, such as insomnia, anxiety, confusion, and fogginess.
RLS has no cure and it’s a progressive and chronic disease. In the beginning, its symptoms can be alleviated by doing some lifestyle changes, including:
- Exercising regularly
- Avoid alcohol, coffee, and cigarettes
- Practicing muscle relaxation techniques before going to bed
However, since the condition is progressive, its symptoms must be treated with prescription medicines when they aggravate. Some of the medicines used to treat it include medicines that increase dopamine in the brain, opioids, muscle relaxants, and sleep medications.
Kratom for RLS
Like with any other conditions, there is no scientific research on kratom for RLS (restless legs syndrome). However, people who have tried kratom for RLS swear by it. But, how kratom for RLS may help?
Since kratom act on the opioid receptors of the brain and thanks to its relaxing properties, it might be a good choice to ease RLS. Additionally, kratom can help achieve good sleep.
Regarding the type and dosage, users report that red vein Borneo may be a good option of kratom for RLS. They also say that a small dosage of 1gr 4 or 5 times a day would help. Others mention that 2-3 grams before bedtime helps too. However, if you plan to try kratom for RLS consider that everybody is different. So, it is recommended to start always on the lower possible dose and start building up until you find your desired effects. Remember not to overdo it to avoid developing tolerance.
What to Look for When Buying Kratom?
If you are looking for kratom for RLS information, you are probably new to kratom. So, if you plan to buy kratom for the first time, that you do plenty of research to find a reliable vendor. See some tips to buy kratom below:
- Find a reliable vendor: look at their website and ask yourself: does it look professional? Do they have a refunds policy? Do they have customer service?
- Don’t buy from eBay or vendors who don’t have contact details
- Research and look at product and vendor reviews
- Do plenty of research before buying. Finding the right kratom type is not always easy, so researching into the properties of each product is always a good idea
- Don’t trust products that seem too cheap. Due to the current situation, importing kratom is costly. For this reason, too affordable prices should make you suspect of the quality of the product.
And finally, always use your common sense. If a website looks shady, it probably is. There are plenty of kratom vendors who have been established for a few years that are reliable and helpful.
How to Take Kratom?
There is no better or worse way to take kratom, the best method will largely depend on your personal preference. If you are a kratom newbie, the first thing you should know is that the plant doesn’t have a pleasant taste. So, you should choose a method that will make it easier to cope with, at least until you get used to it.
Typically, to experience kratom effects, the powdered leaves of the plant must be ingested. Don’t attempt any other ways to take kratom, as they will be less effective or even dangerous. Let’s see the most popular ways to ingest kratom:
- You can place your kratom powder dose in a spoon and swallow it accompanied with water or juice. This is commonly known as the toss and wash method. This is not recommended to people who are not used to kratom, as it can be hard to perform.
- Prepare a tea with your powder dose. Put water in a pot and heat it (not boil it) and add your kratom powder dose to it until it’s more or less dissolved. Then drink it. If you find the taste too unpleasant, you can add sweeteners like sugar, honey or maple syrup.
- Take kratom capsules. Although it is a convenient way to take kratom, it is not easy to measure your dosage. But the good thing is that you can make your own capsules at home, this way you’ll know exactly the amount that you are taking.
Finally, remember to always measure your dose properly. It is very important not to go above the dose that works for you to avoid kratom tolerance.