Over the years we have given you many recipes to use kratom in your foods and drinks. We have also shown you different ways to use your kratom powder, such as making kratom incense and even kratom soap! We’d like to show you a new way to use kratom in today’s post. So, keep reading below to learn how to make kratom massage oil!
Kratom Properties and Effects
As you know, Mitragyna Speciosa (kratom’s scientific name) has been used for centuries or even thousands of years in traditional medicine in the South East Asia regions. In recent years, the herb has been introduced in the Western world, where its popularity has risen among ethnobotanicals enthusiasts and natural medicine seekers alike.
Kratom is a versatile herb that can be used for multiple purposes. But probably, the main reasons why people use kratom are:
- Achieve energy and stimulation.
- Focus and mind clarity.
- Improve mood and ease social anxiety.
- Relieve pain.
- Reduce anxiety and stress.
- Help come off opioids (prescription or illegal).
- Help promote sleep.
All of the above properties not only make kratom a herb of choice among many individuals but have also raised the interest of a part of the scientific community.
What’s the Best Kratom to Make a Massage Oil?
Since kratom massage oil won’t involve ingesting it, there is no best kratom to make massage oil, all strains are equally valid. However, there are some considerations that you should keep in mind before choosing the right product:
- You should only use plain leaf powder. Extracts and enhanced kratom are not only too expensive to waste on this, but they won’t have any added value, since you won’t be ingesting it.
- Although you can use liquid kratom, by simply adding some drops to your regular massage oil, it’s not recommended due to price.
- Different kratom colors have different effects. For instance, red kratom is more calming, white kratom is energizing and green kratom is more versatile. If you’d like to use your massage oil to achieve relaxation, red kratom would be the best choice. However, any strain would be valid to enjoy its anti-inflammatory properties.
Finally, remember to use only lab-tested products that are free of contaminants to prevent unwanted reactions on your skin.
Benefits of Using Kratom Massage Oil
So, why should you use kratom massage oil? Most herbs can be used in aromatherapy to enjoy their properties and effects, and kratom is no exception. One of the ways to enjoy aromatherapy is by adding your favorite herb to massage oil. This way, you will be able to feel its aromatic properties as well as its benefits on your muscles and your skin.
Possibly, the calm and relaxation that kratom brings about are the best reasons to add kratom to your massage routine. Additionally, kratom has been found to have anti-inflammatory properties that can help you ease certain skin conditions, such as psoriasis.
Finally, kratom massage oil (or any massage oil) will help you relax your muscles, unwind after a stressful workday, and simply feel the joy of receiving a massage!
How to Make Kratom Massage Oil?
Although kratom is not a cheap herb, you might have some leftover powder that has gone stale. Or maybe you rather use kratom topically than internally. If this is the case, gather your ingredients, and let’s get to it.
How to make kratom essential oil:
First of all, you’ll need to prepare kratom essential oil. There are many methods to make essential oils, and you can choose whichever you like the most. If you do not know how to do it, here’s a way:
You will need the following tools and ingredients:
- Carrier oil (avocado oil, almond oil, or coconut oil are some examples)
- Kratom powder or crushed leaf (if you can get fresh leaves it would be ideal)
- A copper recipient
Then simply place 1 part kratom and 2 parts carrier oil in the copper recipient and heat it at a low temperature until it’s infused (about 3 hours). Then, filter the remaining liquid and place it in a container for later use. You can use this essential oil alone, or to prepare a massage oil, as per below.
How to make kratom massage oil:
Now you’ll need to combine your essential oil and your massage oil to get your kratom massage oil. Here’s how you’ll do it:
First, grab your ingredients:
- 70 g regular massage oil
- 1 drop of vitamin E
- 30 drops of kratom essential oil
Mix the above ingredients together and place them in a container for later use. And don’t forget to keep your massage oil in a cool place. We hope you enjoy it!