Kratom has been on trend for some years now in the holistic community. People who seek natural remedies to alleviate their ailments have found great relief in Mitragyna Speciosa for many conditions, especially to ease pain, anxiety and to overcome drug and opiate addiction. Many kratom users report that the plant has been a live saver for them and that it has allowed them to conduct a normal life and to be productive members of society. There’s no doubt that kratom has been a great help for many individuals fighting with substance addiction, but can it be used to overcome alcohol abuse? Does kratom for alcohol withdrawal work? We have been researching this subject, so see what we have found out below.
Prevalence of Alcohol Abuse in the US
Alcoholism or alcohol abuse is a chronic condition characterized by excessive alcohol intake for a prolonged time. People who suffer from this condition experience a severe addiction to alcohol and cannot manage their drinking habits.
Although drinking socially from time to time is not a problem for most people, many individuals end up developing alcohol abuse over time. An estimate of 5.8% of adults had an alcohol use disorder in the US. This means that more than 14 million people had a problem with alcohol in recent times. And only 6.7% of them received professional treatment in the past year. An estimate of 88,000 people died from an alcohol-related cause every year.
On the other hand, many people start drinking at an early age. And several studies show that this may lead to developing alcohol dependence.
More information about the prevalence of alcohol abuse in the US here.
Risk Factors and Consequences of Alcohol Abuse
Although it is not clear why some people develop alcohol abuse, some risk factors may play a role in this condition, including:
- Hereditary factors. Studies have shown that individuals who have been raised by parents with alcohol disorders may be more prone to develop the condition in the future. Research has found that it might be determined by a genetic factor.
- Psychological factors. In some cases, the cause of alcoholism is psychological factors such as anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, and loneliness.
- Social pressure may have an impact on some individuals, i.e.: some people drink to overcome shyness or to escape from bad relationships.
Alcohol abuse is a condition that should not be taken lightly, as it can have serious consequences on your health, including:
- liver disease
- heart disease
- brain defects
Additionally, people with an alcohol disorder frequently experience social problems, such as family issues, problems at work (even losing their jobs), economic problems, and social isolation.
Kratom for Alcohol Withdrawal. Does It Work?
Before digging into this subject, you must consider 2 things:
- You must not mix kratom and alcohol, as it could cause very unpleasant side effects that can be very serious.
- Kratom is not an alcohol substitute, so you should use it wisely and not abuse it.
Having said that, does kratom for alcohol withdrawal work? Unfortunately, there are no studies about this, so all the information that we have comes from anecdotal evidence. But what do people like you say?
People who have used kratom to stop drinking alcohol report that the plant has been a great help for them. Most of them report that they have not experienced bad alcohol withdrawal symptoms and quitting drinking was manageable for them. Also, many of them say that kratom has helped them ease the anxiety that is often associated with heavy drinking.
Best Types of Kratom for Alcohol Withdrawal?
Regarding strains of kratom for alcohol withdrawal, there is no consensus on which one works better for this purpose. So, it is up to the user’s preferences. It will depend on what would you like to achieve when using kratom for alcohol withdrawal. You should consider the following:
- White types are morning strains that will give you more energy and stamina. They are also the most uplifting strains.
- Red types are more relaxing and work better in the evening. They are also a good option to reduce pain and anxiety.
- Green strains are in the middle, they can give you a sense of well-being and relaxation while improving your mood.
Regardless of the type you choose, consider that kratom tends to be more energizing at smaller doses and more relaxing at higher doses.
If you are new to kratom, it is advisable to try different strains to find out which one works for you. Some vendors offer variety packs that you can try before placing a bigger order.
How to Use Kratom for Alcohol Withdrawal?
The first thing that you must know is that you should not use kratom as a substitute for alcohol. Kratom is a very good option to manage alcohol withdrawal, but you don’t want to abuse it either. So, finding your sweet spot is the first thing that you should do to determine the dosage that works better for you.
Finding the perfect dosage of kratom for alcohol withdrawal might not seem easy at first since there is no general rule. Every person is different and reacts differently to the plant. On the other hand, every kratom strain has its peculiarities. However, the general recommendation is to start low (as low as 1-2 grams) and increase the dosage over time until you find the one that works for you. People typically increase their dosage by 0.5 grams each day until they find their perfect dosage.
If you are new to kratom, you must know that it typically comes in powder form, that must be ingested to be absorbed by the system. You can directly ingest the powder, but mind that the taste is too strong, and many people can’t handle it. Alternatively, you can try drinking kratom tea or taking kratom capsules.
Finally, if you have been drinking alcohol for a long time, your liver might have been affected, so it is recommended to drink plenty of water to help it detoxify.
Where to Buy Kratom?
If you want to try kratom for alcohol withdrawal and don’t know where to buy it from, there are some things you might want to consider before placing your order:
- Buy from reliable vendors only. A reliable vendor would be one that has been established for a few years. A reliable vendor’s website will always look professional and have contact methods.
- Research for online reviews before you buy place an order.
- Choose a vendor with good customer service.
- If you are unsure, choose a vendor who offers variety packs, so you can try various strains before buying a larger order.
- Pay attention to the vendor’s return policies.
Finally, we would like to know if you have tried kratom for kratom withdrawal and if it has worked for you. Let us know in the comments below!