Today we celebrate Valentine’s Day with a delicious kratom brownies recipe. If you don’t like kratom taste, is there a better way to cover it than with a gorgeous chocolate brownie? Keep reading this post to learn this lovely recipe!
What Is Kratom? Kratom Properties and Effects
Mitragyna speciosa (or kratom) is an evergreen tree in the coffee family that grows in Southeastern Asia. Kratom is native to places like Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, or Borneo. For many centuries, the native population of these regions has used the leaves of kratom to relieve pain, get an energy boost, or even to cope with opiate withdrawal. The leaves of kratom contain a wide range of alkaloids that act on the mu and delta receptors in your brain, bringing about different effects such as pain relief, euphoria or stimulation. Nowadays, the use of kratom has spread and millions of people all over the world are using Mitragyna speciosa to relieve pain, cope with anxiety and depression, boost their energy up or fight insomnia. Kratom has become a natural alternative to opioids, antidepressants or anxiolytics. Moreover, kratom also has antioxidant properties and can help you improve focus and concentration.
However, kratom also has side effects. Quite often, these side effects are the result of inappropriate high doses or regular use. Common side effects of kratom include constipation, dizziness, eye wobbles, nausea or headaches. That’s why you should be very cautious with your kratom doses and avoid consuming kratom every day.
Kratom Brownies Recipe
If you’re a chocolate fan, you will surely love brownies. Chocolate brownies are a delicious treat that is much better when you do them yourself. This recipe is for making about 6-8 brownies (in the end it depends on how you cut them).
We do not include a specific amount of kratom because it depends on when you intend to eat the brownies. If you want to eat all the brownies at once (something we don’t recommend), you can use one single dosage of kratom. If you plan to split them into two takes, you should add two dosages of kratom. And so on.
- 100g granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 80g plain flour
- 200g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
- 150g unsalted butter
- 10 nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (175ºC)
- Grease the pan you are going to use to bake the brownie
- Break the eggs into a large pot, add the sugar and beat
- Melt the chocolate and the butter in the microwave. Do it separately so you don’t burn them!
- Mix the melted chocolate and the melted butter together
- Slowly add the chocolate and the butter to the eggs and sugar mix and stir gently
- Mix the plain flour and the kratom powder
- Add the flour and the kratom to the mix
- Add the nuts. Crush them if they are whole
- Stir gently and pour the mix to the pan
- Put in the oven and bake for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and insert a toothpick in the center of the brownie. If it’s clean, the brownie is done
- Wait until the brownie is cold and cut it into pieces to make small kratom brownies
Other Ways to Consume Kratom
Many users consume kratom by brewing it into a tea. However, kratom doesn’t taste nice and many people just can’t cope with kratom tea. That’s why many people opt for taking kratom into capsules to avoid its taste. But kratom capsules also have their cons. They are more expensive than kratom powder, you can’t guarantee its freshness and of course making your own kratom capsules is much more complex than making a kratom tea.
Another popular choice to consume kratom is the toss and wash method. But even if this method is very effective, not all users can perform it correctly. And when you don’t do it right, the toss and wash method can cause discomfort and gagging.
Good news is that you can add kratom to many recipes. Thus, you’ll be able to enjoy all the benefits of kratom without its unpleasant taste. You can make kratom smoothies, kratom applesauce or kratom macarons. In this blog, you can find plenty of kratom recipes that will help you mask the taste of kratom. And of course, kratom brownies like the recipe we have just shown you.