No doubt that CBD is gaining popularity each day thanks to its many properties and effects. CBD is a phytocannabinoid. This means that it is a cannabinoid that occurs naturally in the cannabis plant. Together with THC, CBD is one of the main active ingredients of cannabis. But, despite what some people may think, CBD doesn’t have any psychoactive properties, and, for this reason, it won’t get you high or show up in drug tests.
In recent years, the rising popularity of the plant has attracted the attention of scientists and cosmetologists alike. In fact, many studies have been conducted around cannabidiol. You probably know that the potential effects of CBD to treat nausea, seizures, glaucoma and many other ailments have already been proved. But, did you know about CBD’s antioxidant and antiaging properties? If you are curious about this subject, keep reading below to discover all you must know about CBD for wrinkles.
Why Do We Get Wrinkles?
As we get older our skin loses elasticity and tone, that’s why we get more wrinkles as we age. This situation gets worse around 45 years of age and before menopause in women. But what are the reasons for this?
Internal factors include:
- Collagen levels decrease due to the lower estrogen levels. For this reason, the skin gets thinner and loses elasticity and firmness. At the same time, it loses its capacity to retain water, so it dehydrates faster.
- The skin loses its ability to absorb nutrients, which causes dull skin.
- Due to the lower activity of our sebaceous glands, our skin gets dry faster.
- Genetic factors can play an important role in some individuals.
- People with thin skin are more prone to get wrinkles sooner.
On the other hand, there are external factors that provoke the skin to age quicker:
- excessive sun exposure
- keeping an unhealthy diet
- using dangerous drugs
- certain medications
Although getting wrinkles is a normal consequence of aging, you can prevent and reduce them following some simple tips and using products available in the market, including CBD for wrinkles.
As we already mentioned, CBD has gained popularity to alleviate a wide variety of ailments and its symptoms. Cannabidiol acts directly upon our endocannabinoid system, which is in charge of many processes, i.e.: appetite, perception of pain, motor coordination, memory, cognition, and emotions, to name a few. The use of CBD helps the endocannabinoid system to perform better.
But how can CBD help you? Let’s see its main properties and effects below:
- relieves nausea
As you see, CBD can be used for many purposes. However, we still need a lot of research until we fully understand all the possibilities that this amazing substance has.
CBD for Wrinkles
One of the main properties of CBD is its potent antioxidant effects. The cosmetic industry has discovered CBD’s antiaging potential long ago. On the other hand, its current legal status has permitted cosmetic brands to investigate further into this property to develop creams containing CBD to prevent and reduce wrinkles, in fact, you can find lots of products in the market.
Typically, you can find the following types of CBD for wrinkles in the market:
- CBD oils
- CBD gels
Although there are many more CBD formats in the market, they won’t be suitable to reduce or prevent wrinkles.
Using CBD for wrinkles is pretty straight forward. You simply need to apply your CBD cream or gel directly on the skin surface that you want to treat like you would do with any other cosmetic creams. Applying the cream in the morning and before you go to bed will allow CBD to act quicker. But be careful that you avoid the substance to get into your eyes.
If you are using CBD oil instead of creams, you can apply the oil directly to your skin or mix it with your cream or moisturizer to potentiate its properties.
Other Ways to Prevent Wrinkles Naturally
Developing wrinkles as we age is inevitable. However, there are some measures that you can take to keep your skin young and fresh for years:
- Nourish your skin. Use natural products and oils to prevent premature skin aging. Besides CBD oils and creams, jojoba oil and rosehip can help with this.
- Drink plenty of water. This will help you and your skin keep hydrated and prevent wrinkles.
- Eat healthily. This will not only help you keep overall good health but will also prevent your skin from aging quickly. Remember to include vegetables, whole grains, nuts, fruits, fish, and low-fat meats in your daily diet. Moreover, you should stay away from processed foods and soft drinks.
- If you haven’t done yet, quit smoking! Cigarettes are one of the main causes of premature aging.
- Sleep enough hours. This will help your skin to look fresher and younger.
- Protect your skin from UV light, even in winter!
So, if you are already curious about CBD for wrinkles, try it out and find out for yourself!