Are you using kratom the right way? Despite its many benefits, kratom can also cause side effects. Also, it may be ineffective if you do not use it properly. But what is the right way to use kratom? In this article, we will discuss the best ways to use kratom that will help you prevent side effects and get the most of your kratom. Are you ready to find out if you are using kratom the right way?
How does Kratom Work?
Prior to learning if you are using kratom the right way, what if we take a look at how kratom works? As you probably know, kratom powder is made of kratom leaves. Kratom (or Mitragyna speciosa, which is its botanical name) is a tree in the same family as coffee that grows in Southeastern Asia. Its leaves contain over 20 alkaloids, though the most potent ones are mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine. Kratom alkaloids activate the mu and delta receptors, which are located in your brain, spinal cord, and you’re your gastrointestinal tract. These receptors play a crucial role in the management of pain, stress, mood, and response to rewards. Hence, by acting on these receptors, kratom can also regulate these areas.
Thanks to its action on the mu and delta receptors, kratom can bring the following effects:
- Pain relief
- Anxiolytic effects
Therefore, people use kratom for coping with:
- Opiate withdrawal
Side Effects of Kratom
Kratom can also cause side effects, especially if you are not using it properly. The side effects of kratom include:
- Headaches and migraines
- Stomach upset
- Eye wobbles
Quite often, these side effects are due to improper use of kratom (especially large doses). So, in order to avoid kratom side effects, you should make sure that you are using kratom the right way.
Are You Using Kratom the Right Way?
What is the best way of using kratom? Are you using kratom the right way? The truth is that there may not be a simple answer to these questions. Or at least, not a single answer. Kratom may affect people differently. So, you may notice different effects ––and side effects–– than other kratom users. Also, the reasons for using kratom will also be very important in establishing the best way to use kratom.
However, there are some common points to bear in mind if you want to make sure that you are using kratom properly. Following the tips below will you get the most of your kratom powder and avoid side effects:
- Use the right kratom dosage
- Measure your kratom
- Choose the right kratom type for your ailments or issues
- Use high-quality kratom
- Be careful with how often you consume kratom
In the sections below, we will discuss the main questions that will help you realize whether you are using kratom the right way (or not).
Are You Using the Right Dosage of Kratom?
Using large doses of kratom is arguably the main cause of side effects. And it can also end up causing kratom tolerance, which occurs after prolonged use of kratom, especially at high doses.
But what is an appropriate dosage of kratom? The answer will depend on what you want to use kratom for. But other factors, such as your weight, may also be important to establish your dosage. While the right kratom dosage may vary depending on the individual, you can use this guide as a reference:
- New users: The recommendable dosage for kratom newbies is 2-3.
- Low doses: A low dosage of kratom will allow you to get a nice even if mild energy boost. It will also help you improve focus and motivation. 2-4 grams is a low kratom dose.
- Moderate doses: A 4-5 grams dosage of kratom is considered a moderate dosage. Using a moderate kratom dosage will help you relieve pain, increase your energy levels, and even relax.
- High doses: Using kratom at high doses (that is, a dosage higher than 5 grams) may be helpful for anxiety and insomnia. However, it can easily result in drowsiness and a feeling of sedation.
Also, you should measure your kratom dosage correctly before using it. That is, using a kitchen scale to make sure that you are consuming that dosage.
What Kratom Type Should You Use?
There are three main types of kratom, depending on the color of the leaf’s vein. And each of these types contains a different set of alkaloids. That means that each kratom strain can have different effects.
- White kratom: If you are looking for an energy boost or to improve the symptoms of depression, white kratom is your choice. It will help you increase your stamina levels without the jittery side effects of caffeine. Also, the euphoric effects of white kratom will enhance your mood and make you feel better. And white strains are also a great choice to improve concentration and creativity.
- Red kratom: Users looking to fight the symptoms of anxiety can find a great ally in red kratom strains. Their analgesic effects are also usually the most potent ones (although white and green kratom also has pain-relieving effects). However, because of their potency, red kratom strains may easily cause drowsiness if you do not use the right dosage.
- Green kratom: Green kratom groups all the effects of kratom, from relaxation to stimulation and pain relief. That’s why, these strains are the favorite choice for many users, even if they are usually milder than red or white kratom types. They are also a great choice for new users.
How Often Should You Consume Kratom?
Using kratom every day is a very tempting option. However, a regular (that is, frequent) use of kratom may easily result in kratom tolerance. The more kratom you take, and the more frequently that you do it, the sooner you will experience kratom tolerance. With time, your body will become less sensitive to kratom alkaloids. Thus, you will need to increase your dosage to continue noticing its effects.
One of the best ways of preventing kratom tolerance is by avoiding using kratom every day. And of course, do not consume kratom more than once per day.
Are You Using High-Quality Kratom?
Kratom is not cheap. In fact, when you come to think about it, kratom may look quite expensive. However, you should always buy from top-rated, reliable vendors to guarantee you are buying high-quality vendors.
Very cheap kratom products might be of worse quality and in the end, you will be not be receiving the best product. So, you might end up wasting money on ineffective products.
Become a Kratom Connoisseur
Learning more about kratom will help you use kratom the right way. Research how it works, what it does, its side effects… Look for kratom websites and blogs (like this one) or follow the kratom community on Reddit. And of course, make sure you follow the American Kratom Association to learn all the news about kratom.