Now that kratom has become a popular natural remedy in the US, many individuals have given it a chance to test its benefits for themselves. Whilst many new users have discovered kratom’s amazing properties, others have become disappointed about the plant. So, what could be the reason for this? There are many reasons why some people haven’t experienced any benefits from kratom. The main reason is that some individuals might be not using the plant the right way. Using kratom correctly is crucial for it to work. Another reason could be that kratom might not be the right choice for the specific purpose they want to achieve. And, finally, another big reason might be that they haven’t chosen the right variety. If you are an experienced kratom user, you already know the importance of choosing the right strain. But if you are new to the plant you probably have found yourself overwhelmed by the huge amount of options in the market. In this article, we’ll focus on the last reason. So, keep reading below to discover why is it important to choose the right kratom type.
Properties and Effects of Kratom
If you have read this far, you are probably interested to know how kratom works and what its benefits are. First of all, we must clarify that not all the information about the plant that you’ll see out there is completely accurate. You might have read that kratom is a dangerous opioid. Well, this is not exactly the case. Although kratom and opioids have similar properties, the first doesn’t cause one of the main side effects of the latter: respiratory depression. This effect is, in fact, the most dangerous side effect of opioids.
Kratom acts by acting upon the opioid receptors in our system, this way, the plant will have the following effects:
- calming and relaxing
- stimulating and energizing
Finally, you may have heard that many individuals who are trying to come off opioids are using kratom to help them achieve this goal. And this is, probably, one of kratom’s main uses. Since Mitragyna Speciosa (kratom’s scientific name) acts in your opioid receptors, it can help you ease the symptoms of opiate withdrawal.
Why Is It Important to Choose the Right Kratom Type?
Kratom is a tree from the coffee family that grows in some parts of South East Asia. You may have heard that there are only one Mitragyna Speciosa species, so why are there so many different kratom varieties? Well, this is not an easy question to answer. But there is evidence that different environments, harvesting times and drying processes may affect the properties of the plant. For this reason, even if all kratom leaves come from the same species, they may have very different effects.
So, why is it important to choose the right kratom type? Let’s explore the benefits and dangers of using the right variety:
Benefits of using the right kratom type:
- By choosing the right type you’ll be able to get the effects that you are looking for more precisely.
- Using the right kratom type will help you minimize any undesired effects.
- Choosing the right variety is cost-effective. Since you’ll be able to find the right dosage sooner and will be able to determine what works best, you won’t find yourself throwing away a product that is not working for you. And this is a costly product!
Dangers of using the wrong kratom variety:
- Using the wrong kratom type can provoke unwanted side effects.
- It would be harder to determine the right dose.
- Kratom may have opposite effects depending on the variety and dosage. For this reason, using the wrong kratom type could end up in experiencing the opposite that you were looking for (i.e.: people suffering from anxiety should avoid stimulating strains).
How to Choose the Right Kratom Type?
Now that you know why it is important to choose the right kratom type, let’s focus on the steps you must follow to be able to do it:
- Ask yourself what you want to use kratom for. Do you want to ease pain or anxiety? Are you going to use it for focus or energy? Knowing exactly what you want it for, will help you narrow down the choices.
- Being able to choose the right variety is all about research. First, get to know the main types and understand their main properties. After you learn how the main types work, you can dig deeper to discover which type within the variety will work best for you.
- Try it for yourself. Undoubtedly, the best way to learn the right type for you is by trying it yourself. If you don’t feel comfortable purchasing a specific type, you may want to start buying a variety pack. There are many vendors who offer kratom variety packs of each main type (i.e.: white variety packs, green variety packs, etc.) Once you’ve determined which color might be the best for you, trying different strains within the color will help you find the best for you.
Knowing the Main Kratom Varieties
Experienced kratom users know kratom’s main colors by heart. But if you are new to the plant, you must learn their main properties before you make any purchase decision. Let’s explore them below.
- Red Vein Kratom is one of the most popular kratom types and one of the best sellers. But this doesn’t mean that this is the right type for you. Red tends to be the most calming and relaxing type. Typically, red vein kratom is used to ease pain, anxiety, achieve better sleep, and to ease opiate withdrawal. So, it is not recommended to get energy and stimulation.
- White Vein Kratom, on the contrary, is the most stimulating variety. White kratom strains are preferred by those seeking energy and focus. It is praised among people looking to get a boost of energy in the mornings or to get the necessary stamina before a long day of work. In fact, many individuals use white kratom strains instead of coffee.
- Green Vein Kratom is in between the other two varieties. It has pain-relieving properties and can be used to ease anxiety and stress. The advantage of this strain is that it won’t give you the drowsiness of the most potent red varieties.
We hope that we have helped you clarify why is it important to choose the right kratom type in this article.