Indo kratom is arguably the most abundant kratom variety. Therefore, it is no wonder that Indo strains are so popular in the kratom community. But what are the properties of Indo kratom?
Kratom has become a very popular natural product thanks to its multiple effects. People use kratom to relieve pain, fight anxiety, combat depression or get an energy boost. Today, you can find a lot of different kratom strains (or varieties). And each of these strains can have a different set of effects. That’s why you can use kratom for so many purposes. In this article, we will explore the properties of Indo kratom, as well as the main Indo kratom strains that you can find.
What Is Kratom?
Kratom is an evergreen tree in the coffee family that grows in Southeast Asia. Its botanical name is Mitragyna speciosa, which refers to mitragynine, kratom’s most abundant alkaloid. But Mitragyna speciosa has many more alkaloids and other active elements. The active compounds act then on your opioid receptors located in your brain and other parts of your body. And when this occurs, your body experiences a series of effects that go from relaxation to stimulation. And, of course, pain relief.
The different kratom’s effects may be due to two factors: the dosage and the kratom type you consume. In general, we can say that kratom at low doses is more energizing, while at high doses it is more relaxing. But the kratom type you use can also have an impact on its effects.
Kratom Types and Strains
There are three main kratom types, depending on the color of the leaf’s stem and vein:
- White kratom: This is the most stimulating kratom type. Furthermore, white kratom is also excellent if you want to improve your mood thanks to its euphoric effects. Thus, white kratom strains are usually the best allies to fight fatigue and combat the symptoms of depression. They also have potent analgesic effects. However, you should avoid using white strains in the evening or it could disrupt your sleep.
- Red kratom: At the other side of the spectrum, red kratom will provide you with relaxing effects. Some red vein strains can even turn out sedating, so you need to be careful with the dose. Red kratom strains are users’ favorite choice to cope with insomnia, relieve stress or fight anxiety. Moreover, kratom users also praise red strains for their pain-relieving properties.
- Green kratom: Green strains comprise all the variety of effects of kratom. But they are milder than the white and red strains. Even so, green kratom strains have great euphoric effects and can help you relieve pain and anxiety.
But kratom has another sub-division: kratom strains. These strains (or sub-varieties) usually refer to the place where kratom comes from, how it was harvested or other factors. For instance, you can find Indo kratom, Bali kratom, Maeng Da kratom (which doesn’t refer to any place) or Thai kratom (which doesn’t grow in Thailand).
Properties of Indo Kratom
Indo kratom comes from Indonesia, which is the largest island country in the world and comprises more than 16,000 islands. For example, Sumatra and Bali, which are also kratom regions, are actually Indonesian islands.
Thanks to Indonesia’s particular conditions and climate, Mitragyna speciosa can grow very easily in this environment. The kratom trees grow in the Indonesian jungle, where farmers then harvest and dry their leaves before grinding it into the fine powder that you get when buying kratom. Indo kratom is said to contain higher amounts of 7-hydroxymitragynine. Therefore, its mood-boosting and relaxing effects are more potent than those of other strains. On the other hand, Indo strains seem to have less mitragynine than other kratom varieties. As a result, Indo kratom strains may not be the best choice if you want to use kratom to boost your energy.
Indo Kratom Popular Strains
You can find several Indo strains that may suit your needs, each with its unique properties:
- White Indo Kratom: While not so stimulating as other white kratom strains, white Indo kratom is a still a great choice if you want to fight pain or improve your mood while getting an energy boost at the same time. This kratom variety has amazing analgesic and euphoric properties.
- Red Indo Kratom: If you want to use kratom to relieve pain and promote relaxation, red Indo kratom may be your best choice. Moreover, it will also enhance your mood. Be careful with the dose, though: at high doses, red Indo kratom can have sedative effects.
- Ultra-Enhanced Indo Kratom: Ultra-Enhanced Indo kratom (UEI) is a combination of premium Indo kratom and extracts in order to obtain a very potent variety. UEI kratom’s effects are very strong and you should use it only if you are a kratom expert.
- Super Indo Kratom: This name refers to a green Indo strain that is more potent than a regular green strain. Super Indo kratom is said to have powerful analgesic and relaxing effects.
Indo Kratom Side Effects
Just like any other kratom strain, Indo kratom can also produce unpleasant side effects. Very often, these kratom side effects are the result of inappropriate doses or consumption. That’s why you should always use a correct kratom dosage and avoid consuming kratom every day.
Most common kratom’s side effects include:
- Eye wobbles
- Eye wobbles
Furthermore, if you consume kratom regularly (and don’t take any breaks) chances are that you start suffering from kratom tolerance. As a result, you will need higher doses to feel kratom’s effects. And eventually, kratom will stop working for you. That’s why you need to be cautious with the dose and avoid taking kratom on a daily basis.