Kratom has become a very popular product thanks to its wide range of effects. Millions of people consume kratom to cope with pain, anxiety, depression or fatigue. But despite its great number of benefits, kratom also has side effects. One of those side effects is constipation, which many kratom users eventually experience. If you are a regular kratom user, chances are that you have already suffered from kratom constipation. There are many things that you can do to relieve kratom constipation. One of them is this laxative smoothie. Its ingredients will help you alleviate the symptoms and even cover the bitter taste of kratom.
Many kratom users complain that they often suffer from constipation. Constipation is arguably the most common side effect of kratom. But why does kratom cause constipation?
The effects of kratom come from its alkaloids, which activate your mu and delta receptors. These receptors are responsible for pain management, stress, and relaxation, mood, energy or even responses to rewards. That is why kratom has so many effects. However, kratom also can cause side effects, which include not only constipation but also:
- Eye wobbles
In the case of constipation, it occurs because kratom alkaloids slow your intestinal tract movements. The result is fewer frequent bowel movements. But since kratom can also cause dehydration, the stool becomes drier and harder. That happens because your body takes water from the stool when it is dehydrated. And again, dehydration is something that will also make you have fewer bowel movements. At the same time, the stool will not pass so easily through the intestines and the rectum. And also, the depositions and the intestinal movements may even be painful. Therefore, many kratom users must look for remedies to cope with constipation.
Laxative Smoothie for Kratom Constipation
Would you like to beat constipation in a natural way? Then this laxative smoothie is the answer! Its ingredients are fiber-rich and contain other nutrients that are super good for your health. Moreover, this smoothie will also help you mask the taste of kratom.
What are the benefits of this smoothie’s ingredients?
- Whole oats: They contain almost 11% fiber, which is a lot. And that is why whole oats also have a laxative effect. But whole oats are also rich in vitamin B, magnesium, iron, and other nutrients. And it even protects your digestive system.
- Apple: Apples contain pectin, a type of fiber that can protect your digestive system and regulates your intestinal tract. Make sure you use the apple peel to make this laxative smoothie, as it is where most of the fiber is contained.
- Blackberries: Taking berries can provide you with a boost of vitamins and antioxidants. Blackberries contain 6% fiber. However, for this smoothie, you must use ripe blackberries. If the blackberries are unripe, they have astringent effects, which are exactly the opposite of what we are looking for.
- Chia seeds: We have already talked about the benefits of mixing kratom and chia seeds. These tiny seeds are rich in fiber, omega 3, minerals and protein. And they will protect you from kratom constipation!
- Yogurt: We recommend you use probiotic yogurt for this laxative smoothie. It will help you protect your gut and increase your bowel movements. You can also use milk kefir instead of yogurt. Kefir is a probiotic with a lot of health properties.
- Cinnamon: This spice will boost the taste of this laxative smoothie (and will also help you cover the taste of kratom). Moreover, cinnamon can speed up your metabolism and relieve constipation.
- Kratom: Since this is a kratom smoothie, kratom is the most important ingredient. Use one dosage of your favorite strain. You should also consider when you are going to drink this smoothie. For instance, if you want to take it for breakfast, you may want to use a white or a green strain. But if you prefer to take it in the evening, a red strain may be a better choice.
- 1 dose of your favorite kratom strain
- 5 tablespoons whole oats
- 1 apple
- 6-8 ripe blackberries
- 2 4 oz. probiotic yogurts (you can also use milk kefir)
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds (if it is the first time you try chia seeds, we recommend you add only one teaspoon: the effects may be way too potent)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (or the amount that you like)
- Wash the apple and leave the peel on. Cut it into pieces (discard the core) and add them to the blender.
- Wash the blackberries and add them to the blender.
- Add the yogurt or the milk kefir to the blender. You can use either natural yogurt or flavored yogurt.
- Add the kratom powder
- Process until smooth
- Pour it into a tall glass
- Sprinkle with cinnamon on top
Other Ways to Fight Kratom Constipation
Additionally, there are other things that you can do to fight kratom constipation:
- Exercise: It will help you boost your metabolism and your bowel movements.
- Fiber supplements: Taking fiber supplements will make your stool softer (which means that it will pass more easily through your intestines).
- Drink a lot of water: Dehydration can worsen the symptoms of constipation. That is why, drinking enough water will help you prevent constipation.
- Use a mild laxative: If you are already suffering from constipation, using a mild laxative will definitely help you.
And of course, do not forget to keep a healthy diet, with plenty of fruit and vegetables. This laxative smoothie contains plenty of nutrients that will help you relieve and prevent constipation.
And how about you? What are your tricks to fight kratom constipation? Let us know in the comments section below!