Kratom (or Mitragyna speciosa) has been used for centuries in the rainforest regions of South East Asia, but we have only discovered it a few years ago. For this reason, its potential uses are still relatively unknown to most of us. Although most of you know of its soothing, relaxing and energizing properties, many individuals report other effects after using kratom for a while.
One of the most interesting effects which kratom users report is an improvement in skin conditions, such as psoriasis. But does kratom for psoriasis work? We’ll explore the subject in this article.
What Is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a chronic inflammatory skin condition which causes the skin cells to multiply more rapidly than normal. Due to this, individuals who suffer from this disorder will get red dry patches and scales on their skin. Although these patches and scales can appear anywhere, they are more frequent in elbows and knees, as well as the scalp and lower back.
This is not a contagious condition. However, people who suffer from it may have a higher risk to suffer from other problems, such as diabetes, psoriatic arthritis, depression or even heart disease.
Causes of Psoriasis
It is believed that there is a genetic predisposition to suffer from psoriasis, although there are some factors that can trigger the condition. Let’s see them below:
- Stress is the most frequent cause. It can be controlled by the patient.
- Trauma or injuries: after suffering an injury, cut, bruise or burn the skin can develop a psoriatic lesion in the traumatized area. This is known as the Koeber phenomenon.
- Viral or bacterial infections can trigger or worsen the condition.
- Some medicines can trigger psoriasis flare-ups.
- Certain weather conditions such as cold and season changes can also affect the condition.
Finally, alcohol, smoking, and excessive weight can also be factors to develop flare-ups.
Does Kratom For Psoriasis Work?
There is no scientific evidence that kratom for psoriasis actually works. However, anecdotal evidence shows that this might be the case. But, whilst some individuals claim that they have noticed some relief after their first kratom dosage, there are people who report that kratom hasn’t helped their condition.
But, how can kratom help psoriasis? Since there are no studies on this matter, it is not easy to understand how kratom affects psoriasis. However, since stress is one of the causes that can trigger the condition, kratom relaxing effects would help relieve the illness. Nevertheless, there is still too little information on this subject and each individual experience different results. So, unfortunately, the only way to know if kratom will work in each case would be by trying oneself.
You can see some testimonials about this subject in this Reddit thread.
How to Take Kratom for Psoriasis
There are various ways to ingest kratom, and none of them are better or worst than the rest to achieve its results. Choosing the best method to take kratom greatly depends on the individual’s preference. The most popular methods of consumption are:
- Toss and wash method: this consists of placing your kratom powder in your mouth and wash it down with water or other liquids.
- Kratom tea: you may also opt to prepare a tea with your kratom powder and let it infuse for a few minutes before drinking it.
- Capsules: although it is a very convenient way to ingest kratom, not all vendors offer this format. However, you can easily make your own capsules at home.
Best Kratom Strains for Psoriasis
As we already mentioned, there is no evidence that kratom can help relieve psoriasis itself, but it can help relieve one of the most important causes: stress. So, if this is your case, see below what the best strains for relaxation are:
- Red Bali kratom: Some users report that they have noticed fewer patches after the first few kratom doses.
- Indo and Borneo kratom: Together with Red Bali, these are some of the most relaxing kratom strains.
Finally consider that if you want to achieve relaxation to relieve psoriasis, you should stay away from the white kratom varieties, as they are more energizing and euphoric.
Kratom for Psoriasis Dosage
Although the relation of kratom and psoriasis is not clear as its effects on this skin condition may have more to do with the herb’s relaxing effects, it is important to know how to take kratom, especially if you are a newbie. Below, we’ll see how to take kratom for relaxation, which might be the most effective way to use kratom for psoriasis.
First of all, you should consider that kratom is typically more euphoric and energizing at smaller doses, and more relaxing at moderate to higher doses. However, if you are new to kratom it is recommended to start on the lower dose possible to see how you react to it. And then, start increasing the dose until you find your desired effects.
Typically, a moderate kratom dose would be about 4 grams, whilst 7 grams would be a high dose. However, if you feel the effects at smaller doses, stick to them to avoid developing tolerance.
Finally, tell us about you. Have you tried kratom for psoriasis? Has it worked for you? Let us know in the comment section below!