According to the American Kratom Association, millions of people use kratom for everyday life issues. And indeed, many kratom users claim that this herb has helped them gain their life back. It is thanks to kratom that they can work, spend valuable time with their loved ones or carry out basic tasks. In this article, we will show you the benefits of using kratom for everyday life (as well as some tips on how to use kratom safely).
What Is Kratom?
Kratom is one of the common names of Mitragyna speciosa, an evergreen tree native to Southeast Asia. Kratom (or M. speciosa) grows naturally in Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam or Malaysia. Indonesia is the largest kratom producer and exporter. Local Indonesian farmers select the best leaves from Mitragyna speciosa trees. Then, these leaves undergo different drying techniques and processes. Finally, the dried leaves are ground into a very fine powder and exported worldwide.
The popularity of kratom comes from its multiple effects. Kratom can:
- Relieve pain
- Alleviate the symptoms of anxiety
- Relieve anxiety
- Promote relaxation
- Fight insomnia
- Enhance mood
- Fight fatigue
Furthermore, many people coping with an addiction have found in kratom an ally to manage the symptoms of withdrawal.
The effects of kratom are due to the alkaloids contained in its leaves. Kratom leaves contain over 20 alkaloids, and the most potent ones are mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine. Kratom alkaloids act on some of the opioid receptors located in your brain and other areas of your body. It is because of this action, that many voices claim that kratom is opioid. However, unlike opioids and opiates, kratom does not cause respiratory depression. You can learn more about kratom alkaloids and how they work in this article.
Kratom for Everyday Life
What can kratom do for everyday life? For many of its users, kratom works as a tool that allows them to lead a normal life. Without kratom, they would not be able to perform many basic tasks, work or even engage in social or family activities. For them, the use of kratom for everyday life is crucial for their physical and mental health and well-being.
This is how the effects of kratom can help you in your everyday life:
- Pain-relieving: Pain can be one of the most impending factors to live a full and healthy life. But thanks to its analgesic effects, kratom can help you relieve and manage pain, resulting in a pain-free life. Or, at least in a manageable, moderate pain that will not interfere with your everyday life.
- Relaxing and anxiolytic: Kratom’s relaxing and anxiolytic effects can help you relieve stress and even some symptoms of anxiety. For many people suffering from an anxiety condition (such as PTSD or GAD), the use of kratom has helped them regain a much more relaxing lifestyle. Thanks to its calming effects, kratom may also help you fight insomnia. These relaxing effects may even be of help for people struggling with an addiction, as kratom alkaloids can also relieve the symptoms of withdrawal.
- Mood-lifting and euphoric: For people coping with depression, kratom’s euphoric and mood-lifting effects can be very beneficial. It can also boost your mood if you are feeling down. These uplifting effects may also help you if you are suffering from social phobia, since they may increase sociability.
- Energizing: Kratom users often praise the energizing and stimulating effects of this plant. If you are struggling with fatigue or just need an energy boost, kratom can help you. The stamina increase that this plant can provide is one of the best uses of kratom for everyday life. Moreover, unlike caffeine, kratom will not make you jittery.
How to Use Kratom for Everyday Life
Using kratom for everyday life can be very confusing, especially if you are a kratom newbie. Achieving the desired effects and avoiding side effects often requires some expertise and knowledge. Fortunately, by following the tips below you will able to use kratom for your everyday life safely and effectively.
Choose the Right Kratom Type
Not all kratom is the same. In fact, each kratom strain comes with a different set of alkaloids. Therefore, the effects may vary depending on the kratom type you choose. Red kratom strains are usually more sedating; white kratom strains tend to be more stimulating, and green strains offer a more balanced set of effects, even though they are milder than white and red strains. All kratom types have analgesic effects. Hence, if you want to use kratom for energy, you may want to try white strains. On the other hand, if you are looking for anxiolytic effects, red strains may be a better choice. Green kratom strains will provide you with the whole range of kratom effects and are always a great choice, especially for beginners.
Establish the Right Dosage
It is commonly said that kratom is more energizing and low dosages and more sedating at high dosages. However, that does not mean that low (or moderate) doses of kratom will increase your stress levels. Quite on the contrary, a low or moderate dosage of kratom will also provide relaxation. Learn more about kratom dosages and the benefits of using kratom at low doses in this post.
Find the Best Consumption Method
There are many ways to consume kratom. You can make kratom tea, use kratom capsules, toss and wash it or even combine it with other foods. Each way of taking kratom has its pros and its cons and finding the most suitable consumption method is very important if you want to use kratom for everyday life.
Do Not Use Kratom Every Day
This tip may sound a little contradictory when talking about kratom for everyday life. However, you should not consume kratom every day if you want to avoid kratom tolerance and side effects.
Kratom Side Effects and Kratom Tolerance
Kratom should not be a dangerous product when used properly. However, inadequate use can result in undesired side effects. Whilst these side effects are not usually dangerous, they can be very unpleasant:
- Headaches and migraines
- Eye wobbles
Additionally, using kratom daily (especially at high doses) can also result in kratom tolerance. If your body builds up tolerance to kratom, you will need to increase your dosages to notice its effects. Using low or moderate dosages, avoiding taking kratom on a daily basis, making kratom breaks, and rotating kratom strains regularly can help you prevent kratom tolerance and side effects. If you want to use kratom for everyday life, make sure you do it in a way that prevents side effects and tolerance.