Kratom is a natural substance with many properties, effects, and uses. Although you probably know that many individuals use kratom to ease pain and to relieve opiate withdrawal, you may not be aware of other interesting kratom properties. Kratom is in the coffee family and, like its relative, it holds stimulant properties. That’s why today, many kratom users have started using kratom for work to get the much-needed punch in the morning to feel focused and motivated.
If you want to know how to use kratom for work, keep reading below to find out some useful tips.
How to Use Kratom for Work?
As you probably know, kratom is a tree native to southeast Asia. The manual laborers of Thailand and other regions of the area used to chew the leaves of the plant to get the necessary stimulation and energy to face their working days. So, the use of kratom for work goes back centuries.
Today, individuals who use kratom for work do it for different purposes. Although the most obvious is to get energy, motivation, and focus, there are people who find that kratom helps them relieve anxiety and stress on highly demanding jobs. Others use the plant to relieve back pain or other ailments caused or aggravated by bad postures at work.
So, let’s see below how to use kratom for work for every purpose.
Focus and Motivation
Probably, improving focus and motivation is the main reason why people use kratom for work. If this is what you want to achieve you should consider the following:
- Choose the right kratom type. The best kratom strains to achieve focus and motivation are typically the white and green varieties since they are the most stimulant and energizing.
- Keep your dose low. Regardless of the strain, kratom is more stimulating at lower doses, so you should avoid taking too large doses if you want to achieve focus at work. One good point to start would be preparing a tea in the morning using 1-2 grams of kratom powder. Drink the tea at least 30-60 minutes before heading work to allow it to kick in.
- If you need to, take another dose half-way through your day, but only if it’s totally necessary.
Anxiety and Stress Relief
The second most popular reason to use kratom for work would be to relieve anxiety and stress associated with the most demanding jobs. No matter if you work in an office or if your work involves manual tasks, you may suffer from work-related stress or anxiety.
If your goal is to manage stress and anxiety at work, this is what you must consider:
- White and green varieties should work better for this task. Although typically the red varieties are the most relaxing strains, they are not the best options if you plan to use kratom for work. Red varieties are soothing and relaxing, but they can cause drowsiness, so it is better to avoid them. Many individuals report that combining or mixing white and green strains help ease stress and anxiety, whilst keeping focused at the same time.
- There is no recommended dosage for this purpose since every individual is different. So, like we always say, it is advisable to start on a lower dose and increase until you find what works for you. However, usually, people who take kratom to ease anxiety and stress at work will go for doses of 3-6 grams.
Finally, some jobs can worsen back or joint pain or, in some cases, be the cause of it. For this reason, kratom is also used to relieve pain at work. To use kratom at work for this purpose take this into account:
- Again, white and green varieties are preferred to relieve pain at work. As we said, although the red varieties are a good choice to relieve pain, they have other effects that you want to avoid at work. So, you should leave your red strains for when you are at home.
- Determining the right dose of kratom for pain is no easy task, as it depends on the type and chronicity of pain. So, if you want to try to use it for work, it is recommended that you try first at home to learn your sweet spot that allows you to manage your pain whilst keeping focused and energetic.
What to Avoid When Using Kratom for Work?
Before using kratom for work there are some things that you should keep in mind to avoid any problems:
- Don’t use heavy machinery when using kratom. At higher doses, kratom can provoke drowsiness. In fact, many individuals use the plant to help them sleep. So, if your work involves using heavy machinery, driving vehicles or any other situations that could be dangerous to yourself or others, you should avoid using kratom, especially the most soothing varieties.
- Don’t take it in front of your coworkers. There is a lot of controversy around the plant, so using kratom in front of your coworkers might put you in an awkward situation. So, to prevent this from happening, be discreet. To achieve this, you should use an ingestion method that doesn’t raise suspicions, such as kratom capsules (that you can prepare at home) or simply bring a thermos bottle with your already made kratom tea.
- Watch your dose. As we mentioned, kratom can provoke drowsiness at higher doses and euphoria at a lower dose. So, it is very important to find your sweet spot before using kratom for work. If you are an experienced user, you probably know what this dosage is, but if you are a newbie, you should first try at home, and only use it for work when you feel comfortable with it.
- Stay away from the most soothing strains. Choosing the right kratom type will help you avoid unwanted effects, such as sleepiness and drowsiness. Typically, the white and green varieties are preferred for this purpose.
- Don’t overdo it. Only use kratom for work if you feel that you really need it. This will not only help you control your dosage but will also prevent you from developing tolerance.
Will Kratom Show Up in a Drug Test?
Finally, if you are considering using kratom for work, you probably wonder if the substance will show up in drug tests. At present, kratom is not included in the list of substances of the 5-panel test of street drugs, which is what employers typically ask for when conducting a drug test. To show up in a test, the lab must look for it specifically. However, since kratom’s popularity is rising, this doesn’t mean that employers won’t include kratom in the list of substances to test in the future. So, you should make sure that your employer is not looking for kratom in tests before using it for work (or for anything at all).