Kratom (mitragyna speciosa) is a tree that grows naturally in various regions of South East Asia. Its leaves contain many properties that the native cultures of these regions have used to treat different ailments for hundreds of years. The original method of consumption was chewing the leaves until they felt the effects. But this is not a very popular method in the Western World. Before learning how to microwave kratom tea, let’s see some fundamentals.
There are various methods to consume kratom, some of the most popular are:
- taking capsules
- toss and wash
- drinking kratom tea.
Some people even wonder if it’s possible to smoke or even snort kratom, but this is not at all recommended. The most effective way to experience kratom’s effects is when its alkaloids are absorbed into the system through the intestinal tract. When smoking or snorting kratom powder, many of its alkaloids won’t be absorbed. Consequently, you would need larger amounts to feel its effects. Therefore, these methods are not only considerably more expensive but also can be potentially dangerous, as you may accidentally ingest much more kratom than you should.
Some users don’t like taking capsules, as they can take some time to kick into effect, while others find the toss and wash method a bit obnoxious. That’s why many prefer to brew kratom into a tea. But, did you know that like any other teas, you can also make kratom tea in the microwave? In this post, we’ll show you how to microwave kratom tea and give you some kratom recipes ideas.
Microwaving Kratom Tea – Kratom Powder
As aforementioned, like many other teas, kratom tea can also be prepared in the microwave, but kratom tea has its own method of preparation.
We will use kratom powder for this recipe. The amount of powder will depend on the kratom type and the effects that you seek. Remember that kratom is usually more euphoric at lower doses and relaxing at higher ones. However, consider the following general tips on dosage:
- Starting dosage: less than 2-3 grams.
- Low dosage: 2 to 4 grams.
- Moderate dosage: 4 to 5 grams.
- High dosage: 5 to 8 grams.
More than 8 grams would be too high; thus, it is not recommended.
As you may know, many users don’t like to drink kratom tea due to its bitter taste. If you are one of them, there are some ingredients that you can add to your kratom tea to avoid the bitterness:
- Almond milk: It complements well with kratom and helps disguise kratom’s taste.
- Lemon: Some add it during the brewing process, as citric acid help bring out the alkaloids, making the tea more potent. But be careful with it, as it can cause upset stomach in some individuals. If you decide to try it, don’t add more than a couple of teaspoons. Also, be aware that the citric acid could make the taste more bitter.
- Sweeteners: to improve the taste, many users add sugar, cinnamon, or honey.
Now, let’s see a couple of ways to microwave kratom tea:
How to Microwave Kratom Tea Using Kratom Powder – Method 1
- Fill a ½ cup with water and put it in the microwave until the water boils. Depending on your microwave, this could take between 5 and 10 minutes.
- Remove the cup from the microwave and stir in your usual kratom dosage. For this recipe, it is better to use kratom powder. Keep stirring until the kratom is well-blended with the water.
- Put the cup back in the microwave and let it boil for a few more minutes until the kratom is dissolved.
- Pour your tea carefully over a strainer into another cup to get rid of any residual powder. You can re-use any leftover powder to make another batch of tea, though it won’t be as potent as the original one.
How to Microwave Kratom Tea Using Kratom Powder – Method 2
Another very simple method to brew your kratom tea is by using a tea bag. You can buy empty tea bags from different suppliers both in stores and online. But if you don’t have any and want to try it, just empty any tea bag of its content and add your kratom instead. Then place the sachet in a cup, add some water and heat it in the microwave until it boils.
Like with the previous method, you can re-brew your kratom a second time for a milder dose later. Isn’t it simple?
Microwaving Kratom Tea – Kratom Extract Powder and Kratom Resin
Some kratom users prefer kratom in resin or powder form. But did you know that you can also brew kratom extract and resin into a tea? The process to do so is very simple and won’t take much time.
Kratom powder extract: Just add your usual amount of powder extract to a cup of water and put it in the microwave until it boils and it’s fully dissolved. Also, consider that powder extract is more potent than regular powder, so adapt the dosage accordingly.
Kratom resin: As resin also dissolves in water, you can also prepare a tea with it. Just take the desired amount and cut it up into smaller bits to allow it to dissolve faster. Then put it in a cup of water. Finally, put it in the microwave until it boils and wait for it to fully dissolve.
Kratom Tea: Tips and Facts
If you have brewed a too large amount of kratom tea and do not wish to take it all at once, you can store it in the fridge for later. Kratom tea will stay fresh for up to 5 days if stored properly.
When drinking kratom tea, kratom’s effects will kick on faster than with other methods of consumption. Also, when brewing kratom, the effects may be a bit different from the ones felt when just eating raw kratom powder. This is because the alkaloids proportions will change a bit with the heat, as the process won’t be able to extract all the alkaloids effectively.
In addition, kratom tea is milder in the stomach than just ingesting kratom powder, making it a method of choice for those who suffer from stomach upset.