Kratom, an herb from South East Asia, has become popular in the US in recent times thanks to its many properties. Kratom users and advocates report that the plant has helped them improve their lives dramatically, especially those who suffer from chronic pain conditions, and people who use it to get off opioids.
Despite its popularity, vendors don’t provide useful information about the plant. And it is not easy to find directions of use in the packages. The reason for this is that the plant hasn’t been approved by the FDA as a supplement, so it can’t be marketed or sold for this purpose. Consequently, new kratom users usually find themselves with a product that they don’t know how to use. So, if this is your case and you wonder how to make kratom tea properly, keep reading below and find out.
How to Take Kratom?
Kratom is an indigenous tree from South East Asia, where it was traditionally used for centuries. People of these areas usually harvested the leaves and chewed them to feel its energizing and relaxing effects. But in Western countries, it is not possible to buy fresh kratom leaves. Typically, we found kratom in tinctures, extracts, capsules and, especially in powder form.
So, how is kratom powder used in the US? There are various popular methods of ingestion, namely:
- Toss and wash method: scooping the kratom powder directly into your mouth and wash it down with water or juice.
- Mixing kratom with foods: kratom has a powerful taste that many people find overwhelming. That’s why some users opt to mix the powder with milk, smoothies or apple sauce to cover its flavor.
- Kratom tea: this is one of the most popular ways of kratom consumption. We’ll tell you how to make kratom tea below.
All methods of ingestion are equally effective and choosing the right one for you will depend on your personal preference.
How to Make Kratom Tea?
Making kratom tea properly is as easy as it seems. You’ll simply need kratom powder and water. Then, simply follow the below directions:
- Measure your kratom dose. It is extremely important that you always measure your dose and don’t exceed it to prevent developing tolerance.
- Boil water in a pot. the more water you use, the less strong the flavor will be. However, consider that if you want to fully enjoy all the properties, you should drink the whole thing.
- Put the powder into a cup. Remember that the cup must be large enough to hold all the water from the pot.
- Pour the boiling water on top of the powder and stir until is thoroughly mixed. If there are some grounds on the bottom, you can reuse them to prepare a weaker kratom tea.
- Add your favorite sweetener if necessary.
How to Make Kratom Tea Taste Better?
Kratom has a very powerful taste that can be described as earthy. The strong flavor might seem overwhelming and even disgusting to some individuals. For this reason, many users look for ways to disguise it. So, how to make kratom tea taste better? There are some options that you can use:
- Add sweeteners such as sugar or stevia.
- Mix you kratom tea with milk.
- Add honey or maple syrup to your kratom tea.
- Mix it with flavored drinks.
However, you should avoid mixing kratom tea with grapefruit juice since both substances can interact and provoke dangerous reactions. On the other hand, it is not advisable to mix kratom with alcohol, sodas or soft drinks.
Reasons to Use Kratom Tea
As we already said, all kratom methods of consumption are effective and the best for you will largely depend on your preferences. However, using kratom tea instead of other methods have some advantages, including:
- Using boiling water will help get rid of any contaminants that might be present in the leaves.
- You can add sweeteners to mask its taste.
- Kratom tea can be conveniently stored in the fridge if you prepare too much to take at once.
- You can reheat any grounds or leftover powder to prepare a weaker kratom tea.
- Many people find it easier to consume the right kratom dose when brewing it into a tea.
- Drinking kratom tea is easier for the popular toss and wash method, which is only recommended to experienced users.
- Kratom tea is easier on the stomach than other methods.
Finally, some people report that boiling or hot water will contribute to extract the alkaloids from the powder completely.
Properties of Kratom Tea
No matter what method of ingestion you choose kratom will have the same properties. The primary kratom tea properties include:
Probably, the most popular use of kratom and kratom tea is to relieve chronic pain conditions. Others like to drink kratom tea in the morning to get the extra stamina that they need to perform their daily tasks.
On the other hand, thanks to the combination of characteristics, kratom is praised among people looking to relieve the symptoms of opiate withdrawal. In fact, many individuals use kratom to quit opioids completely.
Nevertheless, if you are new to kratom or you are planning to use it in the future, it is recommended that you investigate a lot to find the right type and consumption method for you.