Every kratom user agrees that this natural product is helping them cope with many different health issues. But despite the agreement on the benefits of kratom, there is a lot of discrepancy in how to use it and how to establish your kratom dosage. In this article, we will provide you all the information you need to set up your kratom dosage.
Kratom Effects and Side Effects
Kratom (Mitragyna speciosa) contains alkaloids that activate your mu and delta receptors, which manage pain, mood, stress, and even appetite. That’s why kratom users consume this plant to cope with many different health and mood issues:
Furthermore, many people fighting addictions have found that kratom can help them cope with the symptoms of withdrawal. Moreover, most users also report that kratom also increases their productivity. Hence, it is only natural that kratom has become such a popular product and many users refer to this herb as a “miracle leaf”! However, kratom can also have side effects. While generally speaking these side effects are not dangerous, they can be very unpleasant. Common side effects of kratom include:
- Dizziness and migraines
- Eye wobbles
Very often, these side effects are due to large doses of kratom. Therefore, it is very important to know how to establish your kratom dosage correctly.
What You Need to Know Before Establishing Your Kratom Dosage
There are some basic factors that you should consider before establishing your kratom dosage:
- What are you going to use kratom for? Your dosage will depend on what you are going to use kratom for.
- What kratom type are you going to use? Depending on the kratom type that you are going to use, your dosage may also vary.
All kratom types have potent analgesic effects. That is, kratom will always help you relieve pain. However, not everybody consumes kratom to fight pain. Or at least, not only to fight kratom. Moreover, most kratom users agree that kratom always provides a nice sense of wellbeing and relaxation (which can be of help to cope with anxiety and fight stress). Also, kratom uplifting properties may alleviate the symptoms of depression.
But you should also consider the kratom type you are using. There are three kratom types, depending on the color of the leaf vein: red kratom, white kratom, and green kratom. While they all have basic properties in common (for instance, analgesic or uplifting effects), each strain has its own peculiar features:
- Red kratom: Red strains are arguably the most potent kratom strains. They have the most calming effects and can even be sedative if you are not careful with the dosage.
- White strains: These strains are praised for their uplifting and energizing effects. Users suffering from depression often choose white kratom strains to improve their symptoms. Furthermore, white strains are also said to improve focus and concentration.
- Green strains: While not so potent as white or red kratom strains, green strains provide the full spectrum of kratom effects. That’s why they are the favorite choice for many users.
In general, we can say that kratom is more stimulating at low doses and more sedative at high doses. However, a low dosage of kratom should still bring about relaxing effects. While this fact may seem contradictory, it is not: kratom can be both energizing and relaxing at the same time because it does not produce jittery effects. Therefore, you can feel both motivated and relaxed at the same time. If you are using kratom for pain, you will also notice that low to moderate kratom doses can also be very helpful. In fact, many users report that kratom at low doses works best for them.
How to Establish Your Kratom Dosage: Kratom Dosage Guide
If you are new to kratom, you should always start by using very low doses that you can increase gradually if you do not feel any effects. A dosage of 2 – 3 grams should be enough to feel moderate effects if you are a kratom newbie. If after 20 minutes you don’t feel anything, you can take 0.5 grams more. You can also use the following kratom dosage guide as a reference:
- 2-4 grams: This is a low dosage of kratom. You will notice mild energizing effects, as well as an increase in motivation and focus. It can be a good dosage if you want to fight the symptoms of depression. This dosage can also be recommendable if you just want to get an energy boost.
- 4-5 grams: By using this moderate dosage, you will enjoy all the benefits of kratom: pain relief, mood improvement, energy, and relaxation. This dosage should be enough for most issues that can be relieved by kratom, including pain or anxiety.
- 5-8 grams: This is a high dosage of kratom. It may cause undesired side effects, such as dizziness or sedation. Many people coping with opiate withdrawal opt for this type of dosage. However, it is not recommendable, let alone if you are new to kratom.
But as we mentioned above, you should also consider the kratom strain that you are using. For example, according to many kratom users, white strains require a slightly higher dosage than red and green strains.
More Tips to Take Kratom Safely
Apart from following the tips to establish your kratom dosage, there are other recommendations that will help you use kratom safely and avoid side effects. Avoiding high doses is key to prevent side effects. Therefore, it is recommendable that you use low or moderate doses. Using kratom moderately will also help you avoid kratom tolerance, which occurs after prolonged use of kratom and implies consuming higher amounts to notice its effects. And you should not use kratom every day either: daily use of kratom also increases the risk of side effects and tolerance.
Rotating different kratom strains will also allow you to prevent kratom tolerance (and it will also help you establish which kratom strains are best for you).
Additionally, you can write down the effects that you notice after taking kratom. Keeping a record of your kratom experiences will allow you to establish your kratom dosage properly.
Finally, make sure you measure your kratom dosage properly. That is, by using a kitchen scale.