Kratom (Mitragyna speciosa) is a tree in the Rubiaceae family that has become incredibly popular thanks to its effects. Today, millions of people use kratom for managing many health problems. Kratom seems to be one of the best natural products to cope with pain, depression or anxiety. Many of these ailments seem to affect more women than men. That is why kratom could be a great ally for women’s health. Would you like to find out more about the benefits of kratom for women? Read on!
Kratom Health Benefits and Effects
Kratom powder is made of the kratom leaves. Mitragyna speciosa, or kratom, is a tree in the same family as coffee native to Southern Asia. The botanical name of kratom refers to mitragynine, kratom’s most abundant alkaloid. But mitragynine is not the only alkaloid found in kratom. In fact, kratom leaves contain over 20 alkaloids and other active compounds. Most of these alkaloids act on the mu and delta receptors, which are part of your opioid system.
We all have an opioid system, just like we have a respiratory system or a digestive system. The opioid system manages pain, mood, stress, energy levels, stress, and responses to rewards. Hence, by acting on this human system, kratom can bring the following effects:
- Pain relief
- Positive mood
Thanks to these effects, millions of people use kratom to:
- Relieve pain (chronic or acute)
- Cope with anxiety and stress
- Relieve the symptoms of depression
- Combat fatigue and get a boost of energy
- Lift mood
- Fight insomnia
- Alleviate the symptoms of opiate withdrawal
So, it is no wonder that kratom has become so popular. There are few products (whether natural or synthetic) that can beat such a wide range of effects. Nevertheless, kratom also has side effects and people should take certain precautions while using. But will deal with that later on this post. Now, it is time to discuss the benefits of kratom for women.
Benefits of Kratom for Women
There are certain conditions and health issues that are more prevalent in women than in men. Thus, most of the people who suffer from chronic pain, depression or fatigue are women. The causes of this prevalence are unclear, but there is no denying that women are more vulnerable to these health problems.
Here is when kratom comes to play. Thanks to its effects, kratom can be a great ally for women who are suffering from these issues. The benefits of kratom for women are many since kratom can relieve pain, help you fight fatigue or alleviate some of the symptoms of depression. Moreover, quite often, there is a link between these ailments. Hence, by using kratom you might be able to reduce the symptoms of these conditions. In the sections below, we discuss how kratom can be of help for each of these health problems.
Kratom for Chronic Pain
Between 70 and 90 percent of the people who have fibromyalgia and lupus are women. But there are also more women suffering from arthritis than men. Kratom is often praised for its analgesic properties. It is thanks to these properties, that kratom is allowing many people to gain their life back, a pain-free life. The analgesic effects of kratom come from its alkaloids, especially 7-hydroxymitragynine. Moreover, kratom also has anti-inflammatory effects, so it may also relieve inflammatory pain.
In general, red kratom types are the most effective for dealing with pain, due to their alkaloids content. However, all kratom types have analgesic effects and could help you relieve pain.
Kratom for Depression
Depression is another condition that affects more women than men. Thanks to its euphoric and anxiolytic effects, kratom can also help relieve the symptoms of depression. However, neither kratom nor any other substances will cure depression for good. Having said that, many people have found in kratom a great ally to relieve their symptoms.
It is not uncommon that depression is associated with other conditions, such as fibromyalgia. Hence, using kratom might help you alleviate both conditions. What kratom types should you use for depression? Most users agree that white and green kratom types are usually the best choices to cope with the symptoms of depression. Moreover, they also have analgesic effects.
Kratom for Fatigue
Again, fatigue is a problem that often affects more women than men. Once more, the causes of fatigue can also be related to chronic pain or depression. But there are other reasons why fatigue affects more women than men, for instance, menopause.
Using kratom at low doses can help you increase your energy levels and without the jitters of caffeine. White kratom strains are usually the most energizing types of kratom. They are also very good to cope with depression and even have analgesic properties.
How to Take Kratom
The most popular ways to take kratom are:
- Tea: Brewing kratom in a tea is arguably the most common ways to take kratom. It also seems to be the best way to avoid kratom nausea and other stomach issues. However, most kratom users agree that kratom tea tastes awful. In our blog, you can find different ways to make kratom tea.
- Toss and wash: This method is also very popular in the kratom community because it allows a quicker onset. However, it can be a bit cumbersome, especially at the beginning.
- Capsules: No doubt, kratom capsules are the most convenient way to ingest kratom. On the negative side, kratom capsules are more expensive than kratom powder. Moreover, since your stomach must digest the capsule prior to absorb the powder, the onset is not so quick. Yet, you can still make your own kratom capsules.
- With food: You can mix your kratom with yogurt, applesauce or many other recipes (including, soup, cakes, and cookies). Thus, you will be able to mask the taste of kratom. Discover our selection of kratom recipes here.
Kratom Dosage Guide
While there are many benefits of kratom for women, it is very important to establish the right dosage before using kratom. If you do not know how to start, you can use this dosage guide as a reference:
- Kratom beginners: 2-3 grams of kratom powder. If you don’t feel any effects within 20 minutes, you can take 0.5 grams extra.
- Low doses: 2-4 grams. This dose will give you a slight yet nice energy boost. It also has uplifting effects and will help you enhance focus and concentration.
- Moderate doses: 4-5 grams. This amount of kratom powder should be enough to enjoy all the benefits of kratom. That includes pain relief, energy boost, relaxation, and euphoria.
- High doses: Over 5 grams. Not recommendable unless you are a kratom expert. A high dosage of kratom can cause side effects and kratom tolerance.
However, you should bear in mind that these amounts may vary depending on the kratom strain you use, the desired effects or even your weight. In any case, according to kratom users, when it comes to kratom “less is more”. That is, it is better to use low or moderate doses.
Side Effects of Kratom and How to Avoid Them
We have already explored the benefits of kratom for women. Yet, kratom also has side effects that are often the result of high doses or frequent use. Discover the side effects of kratom and how to avoid them:
- Dehydration: It is not uncommon to suffer from dehydration when using kratom regularly. To avoid kratom dehydration, drink a lot of water and eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. Taking sea buckthorn oil may also help you fight dehydration.
- Constipation: Kratom constipation is one of the most common side effects of kratom. To avoid kratom constipation, you should eat plenty of fiber-rich foods, vegetables, legumes, and nuts. And you can also take fiber supplements as soon as you start noticing the symptoms. A mild laxative can also help you if you are already struggling with constipation.
- Nausea: High doses of kratom and taking kratom on an empty stomach are common factors behind kratom nausea. So, if you are suffering from kratom nausea, you should reduce your dosage and avoid taking kratom on an empty stomach.
- Headaches and dizziness: The main cause for headaches and dizziness when taking kratom is a high dosage. Hence, being cautious with your kratom dosage will help you prevent these side effects.
- Eye wobbles: Some kratom users experience eye wobbles (or nystagmus) after taking kratom. Eye wobbles are involuntary eye movements that can be very unpleasant. This side effect of kratom can be due to a high dosage or even to use certain kratom strains. The good news is that eye wobbles go away after a few hours.
So, while the use of kratom for women can be very beneficial, it can also cause side effects. Therefore, being cautious is very important when ingesting kratom.