Kratom comes in many different strains. And each of these strains has a different set of alkaloids, which means that their effects may vary. So, it may be a bit difficult to choose the right kratom strain for you, especially if you are new to kratom. In this article, we discuss the properties of Bali kratom, which is one of the favorite choices in the kratom community thanks to its relaxing and analgesic properties.
What Is Kratom?
Kratom is an evergreen tree from Southeastern Asia native to Indonesia, Thailand or Malaysia. But the powder that comes of grinding dry kratom leaves is also known as kratom.
The botanical name of kratom (Mitragyna speciosa) refers to its most abundant alkaloid, mitragynine. Mitragynine and the rest of kratom alkaloids —especially 7-hydroxymitragynine— act on your delta and mu-opioid receptors. These receptors belong to your opioid system and when kratom’s alkaloids bind to them, your body may feel a series of different effects. These effects that kratom provides range from analgesia to stimulation, depending on several factors, such as the kratom type you use and the dosage.
The effects of kratom include:
- Mood enhancement
- Focus improvement
Hence, people take kratom to cope with very different ailments or issues, such as:
- Lack of energy
- Concentration problems
Moreover, according to anecdotal evidence, kratom also may be very helpful to manage the symptoms of withdrawal for people coping with an addiction.
In general, we can say that kratom is more energizing at low doses and more relaxing at high doses. However, the energizing effects of kratom will not make you jittery. On the other hand, high doses of kratom may turn out sedative and even cause dizziness. That’s way, many kratom users agree that “less is more”. That is, a low dosage of kratom may be as beneficial as a large dosage.
Different Kratom Types and Strains
Not all kratom is the same. That is why you can find so many kratom types and strains. Let’s explore the kratom types first. There are three main kratom types: white kratom, red kratom, and green kratom.
- White kratom: It is usually more energizing, euphoric, and mood-lifting. White strains can also improve focus and concentration.
- Red kratom: In general, red kratom is more relaxing (even sedating in some cases).
- Green kratom: While not as potent as the white and red strains, green kratom comprises the full spectrum of kratom effects. And they are still an excellent choice, especially for kratom beginners.
But to these kratom types, we must add the kratom strains. Kratom strains are kratom sub-types that are usually named after the original region of that specific kratom. For example, you can find white Thai kratom, which means that is a white kratom type, but the strain is Thai. There are many kratom strains, such as Thai, Indo, Borneo, Bali, Maeng Da kratom… Most of these names are regional (e.g., Thai, Indo…). However, that fact does not mean that that strain grew in that place. In fact, nowadays kratom remains illegal in most of the places where it grows naturally and most of the kratom that you can buy comes from Indonesia. The regional name means that that strain comes from a type of M. speciosa tree that originally grew in that place. It might also mean that the harvesting and drying process was first used in that region.
Each kratom strain has its own particular set of alkaloids. Hence, the effects may vary depending on the strain that you use.
Bali Kratom: Properties and Effects
Bali kratom is a kratom strain that grows in Bali, Indonesia. Because of its potent analgesic effects, this strain is one of the most popular choices in the kratom community. Few strains can beat Bali kratom when it comes to relieving pain. But many users also praise its relaxing effects. Hence, Bali kratom can help you relax and even fight the symptoms of anxiety without sedative side effects. That is, as long as you are cautious with the dosage.
You can find red, green, and white Bali kratom. And how do each of them work?
- Red Bali kratom: This is the most popular Bali strain, thanks to its relaxing and pain-relieving effects. And in fact, red Bali is arguably one of the most popular red strains.
- Green Bali kratom: Even though not so potent as its red counterpart, green Bali kratom is still one of the best choices to relieve pain, relax or fight different types of anxiety. Its long-lasting effects are also a plus. Green Bali is also a great option for kratom newbies.
- White Bali kratom: While not as popular as the red or green Bali strains, you should not underestimate white Bali kratom. It still can help you relieve pain (especially moderate pain), while giving you an energy boost and enhancing your mood at the same time. Its relaxing properties may not be enough if you need to relieve anxiety symptoms. However, they can be very helpful to fight stress or if you just need to relax.
How to Use Bali Kratom Safely
As aforementioned, Bali kratom has potent relaxing effects (especially if you opt for the red strain). Therefore, you should be very careful with the dosage and avoid doses higher than 5 grams. Thus, you will be able to avoid dizziness and sedative side effects.
Other than that, like any other kratom strains, Bali kratom can produce other unpleasant side effects, such as:
- Stomach upset
- Headaches and migraines
- Eye wobbles
The best way to prevent kratom side effects is to be cautious with the dosage and avoid using kratom every day. By doing this, you will also avoid kratom tolerance, which occurs when kratom alkaloids are not effective after long use.
What do you think of Bali kratom? Have you tried it yet? We’d love to hear your opinion! Please feel free to let us know in the comments section.